Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hobson & Quazarn Meet The Chief

Having found his companions no longer in need of rescuing Hobson heads back out of the arena...

Age of Fable

...I'm going to go back to my original plan of robbing the lockers. If I can't pick the locks I'll try to shoot them off with the crossbow.

Then I'll try and find Quazarn.

Max

[At the moment, Quazarn is still nearby -- just inside the ramp]

Age of Fable

[I thought he was running for the car? If not...]

"Oh, hi Quazarn. You wanna help me rob the lockers?"

Max

The conehead stares quizzically back at you. Not even a faint glimmer of recognition lights his eyes.

[Sorry, Doc, rolled "01" for Mistaken ID, and Quazarn has no danged idea who this hobling copper is...]

Age of Fable

"OK - imagine me with a cavalier's hat."

Dr Rotwang!

[WHOA! Sorry, guys -- 10/7 was my birthday, so that night was spent eating wings and watching Iron Man. The breakroom computer was borked at work, and on 10/8 I was out late doing stand-up comedy. Yes, I wore the tie.]

Quazarn eyes the hobling quizzically. "Rob? Lockers? Hold on, now," he blurts out, "WHAT?! Who are you?" He casts a glance back out into the arena and sees the battle groups forming. "Oh, wait, now -- who are they?!"

He shakes his pointy head and his gills flutter with exasperation. "I ought to be taking notes..."

Max

Hobson stands tapping his foot, waiting for the confused conehead to recognize him. Quazarn glances back and forth between hobling and arena in a state of morbid psychometric confusion -- no doubt exacerbated by a sudden daydream of open mic night in an off-license comedy club.

Chief Tallbard and his macho mustache"There you are officer. And you've nailed the cheating warlock!" A strapping, mustachioed human in a tight black uniform strides toward you. His baritone voice rings musically from the tunnel walls. "I could just sing!"1

[Still a fair ways away -- just passing through the turnstiles. Between you and him are the passageways leading off to the lounges, the narrow screening gate at the foot of the ramp leading into the arena, and a silently weeping camera-droid.

[Note also that these events take place several hours earlier in the day than the fighting going on in the arena, so we'll have to get real, um, creative if that's where you're running off to...]

Age of Fable

"The cheating warlock certainly...although, depending on your intended use of the term, I may not be nailing him. Indeed, I must remove him at once, to...oh dear...interrogate him in the locker room."

Max

"I like the sound of that! Let's slow down a bit though." The Chief continues strutting toward you. "I don't think I recognize you, officer. What precinct are you from?"

Age of Fable

"Well, keep it under your hat, but I'm actually on secondment from the Hobling Imperial Guards. Special arrangement, bit hush-hush. This fellow is accused of a series of major pie thefts."

I'll try and stand back a bit to minimise the danger of him noticing my uniform is fake.

Max

[Just to reiterate, he's still a fair bit off, though hustling toward you. You are nearer the lounges than he, for the moment (Not trying to be leading, just making sure my descriptions have given you a fair picture of the situation).]

Dr Rotwang!

Quazarn's wit is quick -- the speed of his thoughts is envied by even the Speed-Demons of Lambore Guinea! Thus --

-- he clutches his gut! "HAAAAAGHHHH!" he cries out, doubling over in a perfect mimicry of a man tortured! "AAAGH! THE SYMBIOTE! IT'S--"

He flops down upon Hobson. "Officer, you have to -- quickly, before it --"

Silently, Quazarn prays to Thooptia The Maladroit, Patron Goddess of the Quick-Witted, that Hobson is as clever as he.

Age of Fable

"Again with the symbiote?" I roll my eyes at the Chief, in a 'Symbiotes huh? Am I right?' kind of way, and make as if to leave.

Max

"Symbiote, is it? Terrible for my voice if it's catching..." He chews his mustache, then nods manfully, "Still and all, no way to get around it. The warlock has to be questioned. Got to get right to the bottom of the situation, eh officer? If worst comes to worst I'm sure I've got Symbiote Repellent in my office. Try to be prepared for whatever happens, you know."

Age of Fable

"Yes...indeed." I salute and take my leave.

Dr Rotwang!

Quazarn barks at the (legitimate) cop. "REPELLENT?! WELL GO GET IT, YOU FOOL!" He clutches his chest, his stomach, his throat. "GET ALL OF IT!"

[Command Roll: 92 FAIL]

Age of Fable

"Yes, that's right...just come on, we'll go get your repellent" I say to Quazarn in a 'humouring him' voice.

"He'll be right in a few minutes" I say to the Chief.

Max

"Hrm, now listen up and listen good, conehead. You're in no position to order anyone around, least of all me! I'm #1 around here, top of the food chain, and you are just another cheating little bottom-feeder."

Age of Fable
"Yes, that's right...just come on, we'll go get your repellent" I say to Quazarn in a 'humouring him' voice.

"He'll be right in a few minutes" I say to the Chief.

Mollified by Hobson's words the Chief nods, "Take charge, Officer. Get his back up against the wall and make 'im sing soprano! I'll go get that repellent and I'll be back before you can say 'inappropriate use of force!' "

[OOC:
Dr Rotwang!
Silently, Quazarn prays to Thooptia The Maladroit, Patron Goddess of the Quick-Witted, that Hobson is as clever as he.

[Guy down at Qwik-N-EZ Oil Change & Pantheon Tune-Ups: "So yer tellin' me yer patron a' Quick-Wits is Thoopcha th' Mal-adroit? See now, there's yer problem!"]

Max

Chief Tallbard turns smartly on his heel, and walks away, his black uniform hugging every inch of his--

Oh, sorry. Don't know what came over me. He walks away, anyway. Yeah. Now what?
-------------------
1 The Chief's appearance and innuendo owe much to the following exchange:
Rondo "Get him Creech! Shove his elbow up his butt!"
Fable "It's all getting very Tom of Finland here at the arena..."

No comments: