Friday, November 7, 2008

The Brawl: Wombie Zombie

Two wookies down, zombie to go...

wulfgar

Not really sure what's going on (sorry guys, work has picked up quite a bit, and I've foolishly been spending my time on the site arguing over in the off topic forum)

Initiative: 2
Attack: 59% hit
Damage: 10

Max

[Politics is the last thing I want to talk about with my fellow gamers, man ]

[Just need a saving throw roll for Creature. I'll be back in 20-30 minutes to update.]

wulfgar

Saving throw 55% fail

Max

Not one to be shown up by his mates, Creature finally snaps out of his reverie and charges the wook-zombie! The half-dead thing is ready, and smacks him upside the head with a flailing claw. The furious frankenstein keeps charging though, battering through the wombie's guard and smashing his nose with a vicious head butt. Grave dirt and black blood smear Creature's forehead...

...but the wombie is still fighting. He grabs at Creature's neck, trying to drag him into a clinch, but a spark of necrolectricity from the frankenstein's neck bolts zaps him and he backs away.

[Take 5 HP damage, Creech. Lucky you though: the wombie tried to catch you in a grapple and Fumbled his feat roll. Free attack for you!

[The sparking neck bolt is just color commentary. Don't get any fresh ideas ]

Max

Buck and Zarko watch Creature struggle with the wombie (whose name, Frochanbo, is spelled out in beads on his bandolier). The rest of your crew, and a few spectators, crowd around to watch. Goblin medics shove through with stretchers to cart away the two cold-cocked wookies. The third wooky shrugs off a medic trying to coax him into a wheelchair, waiting to see how Fro' fairs against the Creech.

Coffee

Is anybody else looking on, say from other mobs? Zarko keeps an eye out for looky-lous from other gangs. In particular, I want to know if they're impressed we took out the wooks, or how scared they might seem of us. That sort of thing.

Rondo

Buck stands with Zarko, arms crossed checking out the Creature. Same protocol: Should Creech get in trouble, Zarko and I are gonna jump in there and stomp the wooky's ass in the dirt if we can, otherwise we're just checking it out.

Rondo

(This is like a Texas Saturday night 'front yard' fight! Stinky, growling wookies and all!)

Max

From a distance, in the poorly lit arena, it's hard too tell. The clumps of people gathered seem to cheer for Creature and Fronchanbo alike, though Creature's headbutt was definitely a crowd pleaser.

[Wulf, here's the situation: you're still fighting that wook-zombie, and it's your move. Need your hit and damage roll if you want to take a shot.

[If Wulfgar can't chime in before, say, 5 PM EST could Coffee or Rondo roll for Creech? Only home for an hour or so after work and I'd like to update then.]

Rondo

I'm here, and can fill in if everyone wants me to.

Coffee

Go ahead, if Wulf can't make it. I know I'd trust my character with your rolls.

Rondo

Cool.

Initiative: 5 (not sure if he has some bonuses)
Attack: 65 (ditto as above)
Damage: ? Let me know what you need me to roll for our Frankenstein

Max

[Just roll d6, I'll add the STR bonus.]

Rondo

(btw: not sure if you can check the dice record on the roller I'm using, but be sure and let me know if you want me to try to link you to that...I HAVE been rolling lucky, but honest, I swear! ha)

Max

[Seeing as I don't post my rolls for NPCs at all, I'm not too worried about it. I am satisfied with the honor system. If anybody ever wants to make things more 'official,' let me know. ]

Rondo

"1"....what was the braggin I was doing about rolling earlier...groan...

Coffee

It was tempting fate, that's what it was! A gamer of your experience should really know better...

Rondo

(yea, ha...no kiddin', rookie mistake! Dice always getcha in the end...)....

Max

[Ahh, gamers, and their strange ideas about probability ;) ]

Max

Sparks still arcing from his neck bolts Creature backhands the wombie. With a groan Frochanbo sinks to his knees and slumps to the ground.

The last of the wookies growls angrily and climbs into the waiting wheelchair. Your crew and the other fighters crowd in, cheering and yelling. Someone rolls a keg into the middle of one of the dirt circles.

Rondo

Buck wonders to himself, amongst the revelry, "Is this thing over with, finally?" and he starts to grin at Zarko, wiping some dried blood off his nose and lip.

Max

[If Buck thinks about for a minute he'll realize there's a whole day left -- you can leave any time you like though.]

Coffee

"For today, maybe," Zarko says with a smirk. "Meanwhile, do you know any kind of first aid that would help our Fearless Leader over here?" He points a thumb toward Creature, who quite frankly has looked better. I mean like this morning he looked better.

"I'll set up watches for the night."

Rondo

"Hmm...see what I can do..." Buck approaches Creech..."Easy buddy...let me see here" trying to administer what he can with water and cloth.

"I'll get the next watch," he nods to Zarko.

No comments: